Sunday 12 March 2017

Evaluation question 3



What have you learned from your audience feedback?


During the production process I ensured that I received feedback from my target audience which allowed me to make sure that my final products appealed to them whilst also following the conventions of indie-pop genre, subverting and challenging them to make sure that our products were unique. This truly helped to shape most of our decisions as a team and had a huge impact on our final products. We received audience feedback from the planning stage of our products right through to the completion of all three of our products, which include the music video, magazine advert and lastly the digipak.
Audience feedback firstly allowed me to identify my target audience, females aged 16 to 25. From conducting research using questionnaires I was able to find out what my audience expect to see or look for in music videos, magazine covers and digipaks. Once my main target audience research was conducted I carried out smaller in depth research to gather more detailed and specific information so that I could create products that were effective and appeal to my audience. My audience feedback was gathered on a mixture of social media and small focus groups where i was able to gather more qualitative data in comparison to using a questionnaire.




This feedback from my audience showed me that I needed to pay more attention to smaller aspects of my products so that I can get my message across to my audience whilst creating products they like and appeal to them. It was evident that each of the rough copies of our products did not link very well together and all displayed different themes, this allowed myself and my group member to make these necessary changes in order for our final products to show a true picture of the image we wanted to portray which was strength and love.









Ultimately, audience feedback taught me that I needed to take time to plan what shots I was filming and take into consideration the different aspects of mise-en-scene to make my production work more effective. Also, I should have been asking more open ended questions to gather more information and improve my products instead of asking "  Did you like my magazine advert?  " .  Audience feedback on my earlier products taught me that there were no strong links between my 3 products and in relation to my ancillary texts, everything seemed to be all over the place and not fitting very well with my genre. I took was said by target audience into consideration and made the changes to my products whilst paying more attention to the conventions of the indie-pop genre. Rough copies of each of our three products were shown to members of our audience which allowed changes to be made before submitting our final products. Once our products had all been completed I continued to ask for audience feedback as I believe that when creating a product is important to know peoples thoughts and ideas of what they liked/disliked and what could be improved in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment